SUPPORTING THE RETAIL INDUSTRY WITH HEALTH & SAFETY
Our Managing Director Kelly started her health and safety career working for one of the largest UK fashion retailers, managing health and safety arrangements for their various high street brands, head office and distribution functions. Kelly then heads up the health, safety and sustainability team for an organisation with designer retail villages across Europe and Canada. Therefore, the retail industry is our speciality.
OUR WORK FOR YOU
We can support you by developing and implementing tailor-made policies, procedures, and templates for your retail business. We can also carry out your audits, fire risk assessments, and inspections to ensure compliance with regulations and legal standards.
ASSESSMENTS, TRAINING & COURSES
For food retailers, we can help you implement a food hygiene management system that includes HACCP risk assessments, food hygiene policies, allergen management protocols and inspection checklists. Having these systems in place and fully implemented will help you achieve higher scores on the doors with your local authority.
Training courses we provide for your industry:
- Level 1 Fire Safety (Level 4 Scotland)
- Level 2 Fire Safety (Level 5 Scotland)
- Level 2 Basic Life Support
- Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work (Level 6 Scotland)
- Level 3 First Aid at Work (Level 6 Scotland)
- Level 3 First Aid at Work Refresher (Level 6 Scotland)
- Level 3 Paediatric First Aid (Level 6 Scotland)
- Annual Refresher for First Aiders and Emergency First Aiders (non-certified)
- Level 1 Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health (Level 4 Scotland)
- Level 2 First Aid for Mental Health (Level 5 Scotland)
- Level 3 Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (Level 3 Scotland)
- Level 2 Food Safety in Catering (Level 5 Scotland)
- Level1 Health and Safety (Level 4 Scotland)
- Level 2 Health and Safety (Level 5 Scotland)
- IOSH Working Safely course
- IOSH Managing Safely course
- IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce
Non-Certified training courses we provide for your industry:
- Leadership / Management Training
- Team Building Activities
- Corporate Values, Goals and Objectives
- Manual Handling Training (non-certified course)
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment Training (non-certified)
TRAINING FOR SPECIALIST DISTRIBUTION CENTRES
In partnership with our network of colleagues and associates, we can also offer training for specialist Distribution Centre plant and equipment, such as forklifts, very narrow aisle trucks (VNA’s) and overhead cranes. Please contact us with details of the equipment, including make and model, so that we can provide you with a non-obligation quote.
We offer racking inspections, racking repairs, and new racking installations in association with our network of partners, securing you competitive rates. Do get in touch.
Full List of Services
- Risk Assessments
- Development of new Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Management Systems
- Review of existing Development of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Management Systems
- Method Statements and Safe Operating Procedures
- Inspections and Audits
- COSHH Assessments
- Coaching and Mentoring
Please note that this list is not exhaustive. If you require a service that is not on this list, please send an enquiry via email or submit an enquiry form and we will be happy to assist.
RETAIL SUPPLY CHAIN
We help put processes in place to vet your supply chain, ensure you have the necessary due diligence records, defend against potential food poisoning allegations, and protect your company’s reputation.
Let us upskill your workers to reduce the likelihood of accidents and ill-health occurring on your manufacturing sites by delivering the IOSH Working Safely Course.
Many of our clients are now setting up IOSH Managing Safely Qualifications as the minimum corporate requirement for their supervisors and line managers to ensure they are aware of their legal accountabilities for their direct reports.
There is the flexibility to deliver this course, one day per week across three weeks, to avoid the need for your managers to take too many consecutive days away from your business. Why not enquire about our other flexible course delivery options, or save money by arranging delivery by one of our instructors at your premises.
If you are working towards sustainable environmental practices, then empower your workforce to start thinking green by booking an IEMA accredited Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce Course.
Manual handling and ergonomic risks are often associated with the retail industry. Our consultants can work with you to undertake risk assessments relating to your manual handling activities, including repetitive tasks related to production lines, to identify and control the risks. This will help reduce the likelihood of ill-health, including musculoskeletal and upper/lower limb disorders caused by incorrect workstation setup and poor posture. As well as safeguarding your workforce, we can help you avoid prosecution and civil compensation claims related to work ill-health. We can also undertake DSE assessments for your head office-based staff.
Why not ask for a quote to deliver fire marshal, manual handling or first aid training for your retail stores and outlets? We can provide this training nationwide by area at one of your larger stores to save on training and travel costs.