SUPPORTING THE LEISURE AND HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY WITH HEALTH AND SAFETY
At Kellsafe, our consultants have many years of experience in the leisure and hospitality industry. We understand the challenges faced by hotel, restaurant, and café owners, including the need to maintain the levels of service with minimum staffing levels while operating to a tight profit margin.
OUR WORK FOR YOU
Our trainers can help ease the pressure by delivering training, which is broken down into bite-sized modules. This can be provided at any time, day or night, seven days a week, accommodating even the most complex shift patterns. This gives our clients full compliance with statutory training requirements, such as fire marshal, food hygiene, and first aid training, with the benefit of minimum downtime and loss of service.
ASSESSMENTS, TRAINING & COURSES
We provide training for your workers and managers, giving them the competence and confidence to create risk assessments and safe operating procedures, which saves you spending more money on consultancy fees going forward.
Training courses relevant to the leisure and hospitality industry:
- Level 1 Fire Safety (Level 4 Scotland)
- Level 2 Fire Safety (Level 5 Scotland)
- Level 2 Basic Life Support
- Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work (Level 6 Scotland)
- Level 3 First Aid at Work (Level 6 Scotland)
- Level 3 First Aid at Work Refresher (Level 6 Scotland)
- Level 3 Paediatric First Aid (Level 6 Scotland)
- Annual Refresher for First Aiders and Emergency First Aiders (non-certified)
- Level 1 Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health (Level 4 Scotland)
- Level 2 First Aid for Mental Health (Level 5 Scotland)
- Level 3 Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (Level 3 Scotland)
- Level 2 Food Safety in Catering (Level 5 Scotland)
- Level1 Health and Safety (Level 4 Scotland)
- Level 2 Health and Safety (Level 5 Scotland)
- IOSH Working Safely course
- IOSH Managing Safely course
- IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce
- Behavioural Safety Training
- Leadership / Management Training
- Team Building Activities
- Corporate Values, Goals and Objectives
- Manual Handling Training (non-certified course)
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment Training (non-certified)
We will help you implement a food hygiene management system HACCP risk assessments, food hygiene policies, allergen management protocols and inspection checklists. Having these systems in place and fully implemented will support you in achieving higher scores on the doors with your local authority.
We can help you put processes in place to vet your supply chain, which ensures you have the necessary due diligence records in place, to defend against potential food poisoning allegations and protect your company’s reputation.
Let us upskill your workers to reduce the likelihood of accidents and ill-health occurring on your premises by delivering the IOSH Working Safely Course.
Many of our clients are now setting the IOSH Managing Safely qualification as the minimum corporate requirement for their supervisors and line managers to ensure that they are aware of their legal accountabilities for their direct reports.
If you are working towards sustainable environmental practices, why not empower your workforce to start thinking green by booking an IEMA accredited Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce Course? We can also offer level 2 food safety qualification for your food operators and level 1 fire training course or 2 fire training course for your staff and fire marshals.
Manual handling and ergonomic risks are often associated with the food, beverage, and hospitality industry. Our consultants can work with you to undertake risk assessments relating to your manual handling activities including housekeeping, cellar, and kitchen tasks and to identify and control the risks. This will help you to reduce the likelihood of ill-health, including musculoskeletal and upper/lower limb disorders caused by poor posture.
- As well as safeguarding your workforce, we can help you to avoid prosecution and civil compensation claims related to work ill-health.
- Often, food, beverage and housekeeping tasks may involve the use of chemicals or exposure to hazardous substances (COSHH) emitted as part of the process. Our consultants work with your teams to develop COSHH assessments and safe operating procedures relating to the safe use, storage, and disposal of these substances.
Full List of Services
- Risk Assessments
- Development of new Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Management Systems
- Review of existing Development of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Management Systems
- Development of new Food Safety Management Systems
- Review of existing Food Safety Management Systems
- Method Statements and Safe Operating Procedures
- Inspections and Audits
- COSHH Assessments
- Coaching and Mentoring
Please note that this list is not exhaustive. If you require a service which is not on this list, please send through an enquiry via email or submit an enquiry form and we will be glad to assist.